WHAT Personal Data Do We Collect and WHEN?
We ask you for certain personal data to provide you with the products or services you request. For example, when you make a purchase; make a booking online or in our service centre; contact our customer service representatives and when you request to receive communications.
This personal data includes your:
- contact details including name, email, telephone number and shipping, billing address;
- payment or credit card information;
- images, photos and videos;
- social network information, including credentials and any information from your public posts about Buggy Pitstop or your communications with us.
- data on pushchair and car seat characteristics, including make, model, colour and serial number
- Device IDs, call state, network access, storage information and battery information; and
- Cookies, IP addresses, referrer headers, data identifying your web browser and version, and web beacons and tags.
WHY and HOW Do We Use Your Personal Data?
We use your personal data in the following ways:
To Provide the Features of the Services You Request
When you use our Sites , we will use your personal data to provide the requested product or service. For example, if you make a purchase or booking on Buggypitstop.co.uk or participate in an event or promotion, we will use the contact information you give us to communicate with you about the purchase, event or promotion. If you contact our consumer services, we will use information about you, such as delivery or payment information, or the product you have purchased to help you resolve a problem or question.
To Communicate Information about our Products, Services, Events and for Other Promotional Purposes
When you consent, we will send you marketing communications and news concerning Buggy Pitstop’s products, services, events and other promotions. You can opt-out at any time after you have given your consent.
If you are an existing customer of Buggy Pitstop (for example, if you have placed an order with us), we may use the contact details you provided to send you marketing communications about similar Buggy Pitstop products or services where permitted by applicable law (unless you have opted-out). In other cases, we ask for your consent to send you marketing information.
To Operate, Improve and Maintain our Business, Products and Services
We use the personal data you provide to us to operate our business. For example, when you make a purchase, we use that information for accounting, audits and other internal functions. We may use personal data about how/when you use our products and services to enhance your user experience and to help us diagnose technical and service problems and administer our Sites.
To Protect Our or Others’ Rights, Property or Safety
For General Research and Analysis Purposes
We use data about how our visitors use our Sites, Apps and services to understand customer behavior or preferences. For example, we may use information about how visitors to Buggypitstop.co.uk search for and find products to better understand the best ways to organise and present product offerings.
We may also use your personal data in other ways and will provide specific notice at the time of collection and obtain your consent where necessary.
To process your personal data, we rely on certain legal grounds, depending on how you interact with our Sites.
- When you purchase/book Buggy Pitstop products/ services from our Sites, we need your personal data to fulfill our contract with you. For example, we need your payment and contact details to deliver your order.
- We also rely on other legal grounds, such as our legitimate interests as a business, to comply with a legal obligation, or to protect your vital interests.
SHARING of Your Personal Data
Buggy Pitstop shares your personal data with:
- Third party service providers processing personal data on Buggy Pitstop Behalf, for example to process credit cards and payments, shipping, collection & deliveries, host, manage and service our data, distribute emails, research and analysis, manage brand and product promotions as well as administering certain services and features. When using third party service providers we enter into agreements that require them to implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data.
- to any other third party where you have provided your consent.
We may also transfer personal data we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a reorganisation, spin-off, dissolution or liquidation).
PROTECTION and MANAGEMENT of Your Personal Data
Encryption & Security
We use a variety of technical and organisational security measures, including encryption and authentication tools, to maintain the safety of your personal data.
Retention of your Personal Data
YOUR RIGHTS Relating to Your Personal Data
You have the right to request: (i) access to your personal data; (ii) an electronic copy of your personal data (portability); (iii) correction of your personal data if it is incomplete or inaccurate; or (iv) deletion or restriction of your personal data in certain circumstances provided by applicable law. These rights are not absolute. Where we have obtained your consent for the processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
If you like would to request a copy of your personal data or exercise any of your other rights, please contact us via email at email@example.com.
Opting Out of Direct Marketing
You can opt-out of receiving Buggy Pitstop marketing communications modifying your email or SMS subscriptions by clicking on the unsubscribe link or following the opt-out instructions included in the message. Alternatively, you can opt-out by can contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
COOKIES and Pixel Tags
Buggy Pitstop collects information, which may include personal data, from your browser when you use our Sites. We use a variety of methods, such as cookies and pixel tags to collect this information, which may include your (i) IP-address; (ii) unique cookie identifier, cookie information and information on whether your device has software to access certain features; (iii) unique device identifier and device type; (iv) domain, browser type and language, (v) operating system and system settings; (vi) country and time zone; (vii) previously visited websites; (viii) information about your interaction with our Sites such as click behavior, purchases and indicated preferences; and (ix) access times and referring URLs.
Third parties may also collect information via Sites through cookies, third party plug-ins and widgets. These third parties collect data directly from your web browser and the processing of this data is subject to their own privacy policies.
- Functional: These cookies are required for basic site functionality and are therefore always enabled. These include cookies that allow you to be remembered as you explore our Sites within a single session or, if you request, from session to session. They help make the shopping cart and checkout process possible as well as assist in security issues and conforming to regulations.
- Social media and Advertising: Social media cookies offer the possibility to connect you to your social networks and share content from our Sites through social media. Advertising cookies (of third parties) collect information to help better tailor advertising to your interests, both within and beyond our Sites. In some cases, these cookies involve the processing of your personal data. Refusing these cookies may result in seeing advertising that is not as relevant to you or you not being able to link effectively with Facebook, Twitter, or other social networks and/or not allowing you to share content on social media.
You can always change your preference by visiting the “Cookie Settings” at the bottom of each page of our Sites.
For a comprehensive and up-to-date summary of every third-party accessing your web browser (through Buggy Pitstop Sites or otherwise), we recommend installing a web browser plugin built for this purpose. You can also choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser settings on each browser and device that you use. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you may not have access to many features that make our Sites and Apps more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
USING Buggy Pitstop Sites with Third-Party Products and Services
Our Sites may provide links to other (third-party) websites and apps for your convenience or information. Linked sites and apps have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly encourage you to review. To the extent any linked websites or apps are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for their content, any use of the websites or apps, or the privacy practices of the websites or apps.
QUESTIONS and Feedback
If you wish to provide feedback or if you have questions or concerns or wish to exercise your rights related to your personal data, please email us at email@example.com.
If you contact us with a privacy complaint it will be assessed with the aim of resolving the issue in a timely and effective manner. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority in the country in which you reside.